Brookie

Brookie

Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Trout Time


It's the second week of April, the Masters is in full swing, the Sox have started playing, the Bruins are disappointing us, and there is STILL a pile of snow at the end of my driveway from February. But, I can't hold off any longer, it's Trout Time! I haven't hit the Quinnie since the stellar day I had in December but I see temps in the 60s coming for this weekend so it just makes sense. Plus I can test out my temperature change theory. I will probably head out Saturday afternoon, start at the lower River Rd section and make my way upstream to the Cable Pool. DFW was "scheduled" to put some fish in this week, whether or not they got around to it is another question. Either way, these spots will have holdovers, and I'm hoping a rapid warming period tonight and tomorrow morning will make those Brookies and Browns hungry for a little black stonefly! I will also be testing out some new flys, mostly variants of caddis larvae and nymphs.

Check the blog tomorrow, if/when I head out I will live blog. Maybe I'll see some of you out there.

-NC

1 comment: