Brookie

Brookie

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Westfield River (Indian Hollow Campground)


This past weekend (Saturday) I joined TU for their annual trip to the Westfield River in Chesterfield. This was my first time fishing this beautiful river and let me tell you, it wont be my last.  I was taken aback by the smooth flowing, clear water and serene scenery: truly an excellent place to fish.  Its too bad the fish didn't feel the same way. In talking to most other TU members, it seems the morning was productive, but very little for the rest of the day. Due to other obligations I couldn't stay the night, and could only arrive around noon on Saturday. I hit the water right when I got there and within 5 casts landed the brown seen below, much larger and better looking than the picture suggests, 18-20 inch range and broad shoulders. I ended up heading both upstream and downstream from the main campsite, only to find endless pockets, pools and rifles holding beautiful fish. In 6 hours of fishing I landed 10, lost probably another 5. Cant wait to head back.


No comments:

Post a Comment