Brookie

Brookie

Monday, April 22, 2013

A 4/20 Fattie (pun intended)

I fished all weekend, separate sections of the quinnie each day. Still nothing rising to the prolific Stonefly hatches, so it was subsurface (deep) fishing - which was productive. Saturday April 20th has a different meaning for some parts of the world (see California, Colorado, and now MA).When I caught this fish, I just couldn't resist - it was the only 4/20 "fattie" I came in contact with.


On Sunday, I tried below the dam at the pumping station. I think I will try this area more often. Caddis were coming off when i got there around 230ish and there were 4-5 rising fish upstream from the "no trespassing beyond this point" fence. I tied on a elk hair caddis and in two casts got a take, missed him, and that was it - just like that the action shut off. Note to self, head there around mid-day for surface action. As I was leaving (730) I spotted these on the rocks by the shore. Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

NC


No comments:

Post a Comment