Brookie

Brookie

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quinnie update

Well, the hendricksons are here, and according to the DFW, so are more fish. I was at my spot this evening after work, didn't catch a fish, but spotted both dark and reddish-pink hendricksons coming off around 630pm. Should make for good dry fly fishing over the next few weeks if the fish get to normal eating habits quickly. My spot has been very unproductive for me so far this year, I am surprised to say, and I am wondering if they have not or will not stock it this year. This would be disappointing as its some of the best water on the river. I assume all the other normal suspects were hit with fish this week (Harris st/river st bridge, lower harris st bridge, the cable pool, rte 31 bridge, and mill st bridge). Rail Trail bridge off Harris st may have gotten fish as well.

If you are looking for something to do with the kids this Saturday, head on over the the Fulling Mill Trout Park in Charlton for their FREE fishing day. This stretch of the river will be freshly stocked with plenty of fish to catch and you'll have a great time doing it!

-NC

No comments:

Post a Comment